Thursday 6 June 2013

Sushi!

Hiiii! :)

I feel like all I have done today is sleep and eat. One of my best friends stayed over last night and we stayed up pretty late (well early I guess) watching movies and going on Youtube and such . We drifted off to sleep when the sky began to get lighter, so we slept in quite late (until lunch time). 

Whenever we are together we always say how we want to go get sushi somewhere because we both like it. To be honest I just like any type of food! Today we decided was the perfect day to get some. We had nothing to do in the afternoon, plus it was raining and cold, so  it wasnts really a day we wanted to spend outside. We got ready and headed out to get our long awaited sushi! There is a place near us called The Villa. It is this little Japanese restaurant and I had never actually been inside it before.

My friend and I both got the same thing and we got dumplings as an appetizer as well. For drinks we got Japanese green tea which was lovely and with the meals we also got a little bowl of salad and some soup. The soup had tofu and seaweed and other stuff in it but it was soooo tasty and it just warmed me right up! It was actually a lot better than I expected. The salad was delicious as well. It had this orange dressing on it that I had never had before and it was very good. Actually all the food was absolutely delicious!There was shrimp and crab and rolls with avocado and more. It was wonderful.
Now the soup and salad may not appear to be that tasty but I assure you they were! I promise :)
There was actually a substantial amount of food, and we ate it all!
I thought the tea pot was just so pretty!
Now there was one problem.... the only utensil that we were given were chopsticks. Now I don't use these very often (hardly ever) so I struggled quite a lot. My friend, who actually knew how to use chopsticks, thought it was hilarious. It was kind of humorous I must admit, although I did make a mess of the table and myself. I splashed soy sauce everywhere, my sushi rolls broke into pieces, rice fell every which way! Luckily we went in the middle of the afternoon so we were basically the only people at the restaurant at this time so no one else saw my chopsticks fiasco!

All in all it was such a fantastic afternoon, despite the dreary weather. The food was delightful, and it was nice just chatting and having fun with my friend. It was a lovely day and it was actually relaxing too. Also my friend got a phone call for a job interview which is extremely exciting so my fingers crossed for her! :)
I hope you all had enjoyable days as well!

Byeeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment