Wednesday 22 May 2013

Shopping Haul

Hiiii :)
Today, my friend had some errands to run so I decided to go with her. I did not intend to buy anything, but I should know myself better than that. I have very little self control when I enter a  store! I have decided to show you what I bought as I really enjoy reading blog posts like this.

First we went to Walmart which isn't too exciting. I have this obsession with makeup where I just love to buy it and I do have quite a lot. The odd thing is I don't actually wear a lot on most days. Usually I will just wear mascara and neutral eyeshadow or just nothing at all. I just recently started wearing blush sometimes as well. On special occasions I will wear a bit more, but nevertheless I love makeup. Anyways, we stopped at Walmart because I really wanted to get some makeup brushes. I didn't actually own any prior to this, so I thought it might be useful to get some. I ended up getting the real techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman. I heard that they are really good and they are and excellent price as well.




We then went into a store called Turquoise. They have some really cute dresses and tops and I found a plain black one that is perfect for work. I tried it on and really liked it. It is made from nylon and spandex so it was stretchy and comfy. The good thing was it was on sale so it was only $5 which is a really amazing price!



We then went to Urban Planet. I kind of went crazy here. I find it is one of those stores that sometimes they have so many things that I love and then other times there isn't anything. On this particular visit I found soooo many clothing items that I really liked! I have always loved jean vests but I have never owned one. I saw one that I really liked with little studs on it and it fit really nicely. I am very excited to wear this!

 I also needed a dress to wear to my sisters graduation and for the summer in general. I found a beautiful greeny-teal colour and I loved it. Typically I don't really go for strapless tops or dresses but this one was just beautiful and very flattering! There's a lovely cut out in the back as well and I just feel so confident in it. It is difficult to see in the picture, but underneath the lace there is a solid part that only goes to the knees. So from the knees down it is just the lace (the picture just makes the whole dress look opaque). I find this dress goes perfectly with the jean vest.
Front of dress (sorry it's a bit crooked!)
Back of dress
 I also bought a pair of jeans into the change room just so I had something to try the shirts on. I ended up liking the shorts so much that I bought those instead of some of the tops. They just fit really nicely and the pattern on the front is neat. I also needed a pair of shorts for the summer.

 The final item I got from Urban Planet was  a tank top. It was just really cute, and I really liked the cut out in the back. I already have a lot of tank tops but I know I will wear this one a lot. Plus it was fairly cheap so I bought it. All the items I got from this store were really great deals.
Front

Back
We then drove to the mall to get a few gifts for people. Bath and Body works was the first stop. That store is so dangerous for me because it just smells so wonderful and I get sucked into buying things for myself so easily. Well as soon as we walked in we spotted some candles and of course we needed to smell them. They had a deal on so my friend and I both got two three wick (even though we didn't really need them...). We ended up both getting London Calling (which is a tea and lemon scent) and Paris Daydream (which is a floral scent) which both have really pretty designs on the lid. Both are lovely :)

We then bought the gifts that we needed to get and got out of the mall as fast as we could before we spent more money. I enjoyed the day not only because of what I bought, but because I was able to spend the day with one of my best friends. :)
I hope you all have a fantastic day, and remember to smile!

Byeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment