Tuesday 14 May 2013

Letters

 I have always loved getting letters in the mail. When I was younger, my mom was the director of a camp and I would go there every summer. During the winter months, I would constantly write and receive letters from the friends that I made at the camp. Now a days people just use the internet to connect with people. Don't get me wrong, social networking is very useful, and I have remained in contact with many people because of it. But there is just something about getting a letter in the mail. It is so exhilarating to open that letter and see your friend's handwriting sprawled across the page. I am aware that this may sound old fashioned, but I love it! 

     The reason that I have brought this up is because I have just recently finished my first year of university, and one of my friends that I made lives in Alberta. This is quite far from where I live and although she just recently got Facebook, we decided to write letters to each other. To me, getting an actual letter is much more satisfying than a simple Facebook message. On Tuesday, I received my first letter from my friend and I cannot explain to you how delighted I was to get this. It was such a lovely surprise as I had no idea when she was going to send one.  

     When I had finished reading it, I was thrilled because it meant that I got to write one back to her. Now I do get a bit carried away sometimes when I am writing, and so mine was quite lengthy but I know she will enjoy it nevertheless. 

     Using the internet as a way to connect with people is definitely the most convenient way to do things, but to me writing a letter is so much more special and personal.
   
 Feel free to leave any thoughts you may have below, and I hope your day is filled with happiness!
Byeee! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment