Tuesday 21 May 2013

One Day

     During the school year, I find it so difficult to read books because I am so busy already. That is why during the summer holiday I try to read as many books as I can. Over the course of the summer I decided that I will write about some of the books that I have read and enjoyed. One book that  I have just recently finished reading  is One Day by David Nicholls.
     I really enjoyed this book! The whole format of it was really neat. It goes through the life of these two characters, Emma and Dexter. It begins when they are in their early twenties and each chapter is the same day (July 15th) but a year later. It tells about the struggles they face as they grow older. They both have dreams they wish to fulfill, although they are very different. Their friendship is rocky at times, and at points they don't even speak to each other, but they realized they needed each other. I find it so amazing how consumed in a book you can become. For me characters seemed so real and I felt so many different emotions.
     The ending of the book is quite shocking and tragic. I did not expect it at all. I don't want to say to much as that may ruin the story for some of you who wish to read it, but it was a very surprising end. Although the end this I still loved it. I am glad I decided to finally read this book. If any of you are looking for a good book to read I would definitely recommend this one! :)


Byeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment