Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Last Visit

Hiiii :)

This morning was very emotional for me. First off I guess I should tell you that I have Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes). I have had it for six years and it has just become a part of my life now. I have learned to live with it.

Every three months I have to go for a Diabetes check up appointment to make sure I am healthy and am in control of my Diabetes. My clinic is in the hospital I go to and I absolutely LOVE everyone who works there! I have been going there since I was diagnosed at 13 years old so basically they have been with me for all of my teen years. They are all such lovely kind people and they are honestly like a family to me.

Unfortunately at the age of 18 it is required that you switch to an adult clinic, the same as you would with just a regular family doctor. Although I am almost 19, they allowed me to go back for a few more visits. This morning was my final appointment there and it broke my heart to have to say goodbye. I just love the people who work there so much and they mean a lot to me. They helped me so much through the years and I am forever grateful. I was fine up until the end of the visit when they called me back and gave me a little gift. I completely broke down. I just love it there so much and it is sad that I have to go somewhere else. The people who work in this clinic are so wonderful and I will miss them a lot. I gave them all a hug and said my goodbyes. Of course I promised to visit, and I definitely will because I love it there. 

 I opened the gift when I got home and it was a beautiful book called Joy. They had all written little messages in the front cover for me and I truly love it.


My kitty Dumbledore decided to be in the picture too ;)
So as I said before, it was a very emotional morning, and I absolutely love the little gift I was given.
 I hope you all have a lovely day!
Byeeee! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment