Sunday 21 July 2013

Southampton

Hiiii! :)

For the past five or six summers, my family and I go to Southampton for a few days. One of our extended family members has a cottage there that they let us use it, which is very nice of them! This time, My mom, two of my brothers and my sister came (my dad and other brother had to work).

 This is honestly one of my favourite places to go. It is just so beautiful! The beach is only a minute walk from the cottage and it is nice and sandy (It's on Lake Huron). There are different beach spots along thee shore line, so we drove to a couple. There are also a lot of lighthouses here and it's just perfect!!
The weather was amazing today and the sunset was absolutely breathtaking! I just love sitting by the water and watching the sun set. It calms me and makes me feel so much better. The beauty of it is so incredible!
Here are some pictures from this evening:

First we went to a cute little lake and fed some ducks.
Fairy Lake (the name is so cute!)
 The we went to one of the main roads with the beach at the end of it, got some ice cream, and then just sat and looked out at the water.

My sister and I enjoying the view (Lake Huron)
 From this spot we could see a lighthouse to our right, so we got in the car and drove down the road to see it up close.
He didn't know I was taking his picture :P



After little while here we decided to head back to the cottage. My mom and I then walked to the spot on the beach that is closest to us and watched the sunset. It was beautiful! And at this beach you can see yet another light house :)


I really enjoyed myself this evening with my family and there is just something about being here that makes me feel  really happy. We have a couple more days here and I plan to make the most of them. Now I am off to star gaze! (although the moon is quite bright so I don't know how well this will go).
I hope you all had a wonderful day as well,
Byeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment